Sunday 11 April 2021

Supporter of the Week 7

 This week please welcome Jani Philip.

FAVOURITE GROUND:
Stade Marcel-Deflandre, La Rochelle. I had a great trip there to watch the Warriors play La Rochelle. I went with my friend Gillian from XVI Warrior. The welcome we received from the Home Support was amazing especially the welcome we received at the General Humberts Pub, a good time was had by all and we got the win.
The Stadio Communale Di Monigo Treviso was another. It was one of my first trips away with the Warriors with my friend Tricia. Treviso is a beautiful City, loads of wine and pasta. A good win for us and a Hogmany Team flight home when the boys entertained the supporters on the flight to a karaoke sing song. Have to say Rob Harley had the best voice.
BEST EXPERIENCE:
It has undoubtedly got to be the Pro12 final in 2015. I unfortunately could not get to Ulster due to work but watched it in the pub before night shift. I went to work on a total high and that was obviously due to our amazing win and all the Diet coke I consumed. I did get to celebrate with the Team when they toured in an open topped bus ending up in George Square. The welcome they got was amazing.
Thereafter my friend and I were fortunate to be invited into the City Chambers where a Reception was held for boys by the Lord Provost. Will never forget it.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE A GLASGOW SUPPORTER:
I have always been a big rugby fan and Scotland supporter and to be honest put off going to local games on my own but thanks to a group of Glasgow Warriors supporters I met in a pub one Sunday whilst watching a Scotland game, they encouraged me to go to my first Warriors game and I've never looked back and even managed to get my friend Tricia to come along too.
From my first away trip to Connacht then Treviso, London, Montpellier and La Rochelle, I have made so many Warrior Supporter friends. We have the best travelling support I have ever seen as well as the best Home support, the roar at Scotstoun says it all.
We have the best Team EVER, great personalities as well as players and it looks like it's only going to get better next season.
IF YOU WEREN'T A GLASGOW SUPPORTER, WHO WOULD YOU SUPPORT?
Thats a difficult one. I can't honestly imagine supporting any other Team other than Glasgow. I'm Glasgow born and bred and love my City.
Even when I go on holiday to visit my American family in Chicago, the flag comes with me.
But if I was forced to choose, then I'm Scottish through and through so it would have to be Edinburgh (ouch!) but don't tell my friends I said that, ha! I do like watching Racing 92 play and a trip to Paris is a definite must.
WHAT DO YOU MISS:
It has to be home games at Scotstoun. Watching the Team run out before the game starts, the flags and the roar of the crowds as we cheer the Team on.
I just love my seat in the NORTH STAND. I'm right at the front so, as I'm sure those around me will attest to, I get to jump up and down at all the tries we score and of course scream at the Ref (no one in particular comes to mind) but Mr Clancy probably was one of my favs, ha!, and I got away with it.
I miss meeting up with my friends in the Clubhouse before and after the games, meeting the players who always come in and acknowledge their supporters and also the great work done by the XVI Warriors Committee with raffles, baking etc for great causes.
Its been a tough year for all of us so let's look forward to next Season with positivity and getting back to Scotstoun and supporting our boys.









No comments: