Sunday 25 April 2021

Supporter of the Week 10

 ....and the next Supporter of the Week is ......... PAMELA COUTTS!

Many thanks Pamela ( PS my favourite ground is Stade Olympique Yves-du-manoir. Me and Dan Carter had a moment!)
FAVOURITE GROUND, BAR SCOTSTOUN, AND WHY?
I'd been told for years by several different people that I needed to go to Treviso, finally made it last year just before lockdown and Stadio Di Monigo didn't disappoint. I've been to both Bennetton and Zebre and the Italians are so welcoming. The fact they're beautiful places to holiday doesn't hurt either. Honorary mention to Racing 92's old ground Stade Olympique Yves-Du-Manoir, victory champagne from a pitch side tent surrounded by white plastic patio furniture is a brilliant memory.
BEST EXPERIENCE AT A GAME, MOMENT ETC, HOME OR AWAY?
My first away trip was our first final in Dublin 2014. At the end of a disappointing game some of the players came around the pitch, shaking hands and thanking the travelling support. Jon Welsh said he promised they'd do one better and win silverware the next season. I said I'd hold him to it, and sure enough the title win came the following year!
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE A WARRIORS' SUPPORTER?
Friendship/Community. I bought my first season ticket when we moved to Scotstoun solo, not knowing many people with an interest in rugby other than my sister Stef, who'd just moved down south. I now have a great group of friends I've met at games, that I've travelled all over supporting the Warriors with.
IF YOU WEREN'T A WARRIORS' SUPPORTER, WHO WOULD YOU SUPPORT?
I honestly don't know. I don't have a real affinity to any particular team, though I do have fond memories of a day as a Connacht fan when they beat Leinster to the title at Murrayfield. I'll generally support any team prepared to throw the ball around a bit rather than stuff it up the jumper stuff.
WHAT DO YOU MISS MOST ABOUT THESE TIMES?
I think most people have said the same but it's the social parts of going to a game. Seeing friends in person, the atmosphere at the ground, and of course the post match debrief over a few beers!



No comments: